Gertie

Gertie
Miss Gertrude Dorothy Parker

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Getting More Smarter

Happy Tuesday from little Gertie to all my furrends on the internets!!! 

Today I wanna talk to you about the importance of a good education. See, I have two really smart bruvvas. A lot of you already know them- Boob and Rudy. They are really smart cats. Boob is a fat cat lawyer who gradumated from Dartmouth and him and Rudy both got degrees from Duke. I am just a plain old street kitty, and it's time for Gertie Girl to get an edumacation!!!

Today I wanna share my learnin' with  you- my bloggie furrends!!! So sit down, and get ready for today's lesson.

Good Morning Children!!! I am your teacher Miss Gertrude. Today we are going to have a history lesson.  Put your thinking caps on!!  We are going to talk about a phrase today that some of your  parents may have called you when you  got into something you shouldn't have.  In fact my mother (yes I am an old maid teacher and still live with my Mama) called me a NOSEY PARKER  this morning. What, you may ask is a Nosey Parker???


A "NOSY PARKER" sometimes spelled "NOSEY PARKER" is a person of an overly inquisitive or prying nature.




NOSEY PARKER




Well, now you know what  a NOSEY PARKER is. If you don't have time to read the whole story about where the phrase came from, that's OK. Cause if you know ME, you know Nosey! 


Have a Happy Day my furrends. And remember- KNOWLEDGE IS GOOD.


 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gertie, I have a blog too. www.mirasmiracle.blogspot.com I hope you check it out. It is about me and my rescue from death.

    Your FB friend Mira Bella VonderHeide

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are followin your bloggee Mira Bella~~
    Love and purrs from Gertie Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love love LOVE you Gertie Girl!

    ReplyDelete